Friday, September 28, 2012

Week 3: Things Are Looking Up!

Week three has been much better. Elder Clayton really seems to be loving what he is doing. He no longer feels sick and his stress levels have decreased, which is the best news we can receive. I will tell you there is some concern I feel for various things he has written about this past week. Unlike some of my fellow family members I'm lost on how this should be processed. I have one thought, 19 year old boys have a strange thought process. He's happy and that's all that matters. Reading his emails are so great, we are all excited for when he goes to Mexico those stories will be very interesting. 

Like always here are parts of his email, he's an odd duck but we love him. :) 

"So this past week has well been the exact same as the other two weeks, due to the fact the schedule never changes.  I got to see the Temple Dedication at the 3'o session, it was awesome.  Can't wait to go to the temple later today!  So it's going to be my first mission fast Sunday this week, I think it will be a really neat experience.  We don't get to eat dinner until 4:30pm. And thats along time when you get up at 6:30am.  I hope they're serving egg salad sandwiches. JK the eggs here will make you sick. :/"

"Oh one more thing, so we have a Disney song sing off in the showers and I could really us some lyrics to some songs, send me whatever and how many Disney songs you can think of, a few that I really want are 'I'll Make A Man Out Of You' from Mulan and 'I Can Go The Distance' from Hercules!  Thanks :)"

"My spanish is doing pretty well, it's still coming slow but at the same time it's coming faster than it would if I were taking a spanish class at school.  What I've really been focusing on is the gospel, there is so much to the gospel that I never knew.  So we get and hour everyday for personal time where we are to study the gospel only, in our Native language.  I don't think I go a day without learning something new.  The best is when we have our firesides, because you can learn so much that isn't in Preach My Gospel!"

"So we lost a district in our zone on tuesday, three of them are going to Tyler's mission Spanish, I told them to keep an eye out for him!  We also lost 5 Elders from our district who went down to the Peru MTC, so now we are down just to the six Mexicans.  But our zone doesn't stay small for long, we got and new district yesterday (6 Elders, 3 Harmanas) so my district is no longer the newbies! haha"

"I've lost 5lb while being here, you get a lot of time for gym.  I run about a mile in a half everyday and play soccer or four square.  Staying active is so amazing, it gives you so much natural energy throughout the day.  Almost got nailed in the face with the soccer ball again, barely missed my head. haha It's all fun though! :)"

"And Mom, I just want to let you know that you are by far the best mother in the world!  And that I love you so much!  Thanks for raising me right, you've done great! :)  And let dad know that he's great too and let him know that I thank him for being so hard on us."

Con amor,
Elder Clayton
PS. No new pictures this week.

Sorry there are no pictures this week. Hopefully there will be some next week, I will post them as they come. A couple side notes, he talked about egg salad sandwiches, my family has a tradition we have had for as long as I can remember and that is, my mom makes egg salad sandwiches on Fast Sunday for dinner. They are probably Ryan's favorite thing and he knows while he is gone he won't have them. He seems to be progressing much faster now that he feels comfortable with his surroundings, we know it's from all the prayers that are being said for him. There is much thanks to all who have kept him in your thoughts and prayers. He only has about six weeks left in the MTC before leaving to either Mexico or somewhere else in the US, (depending on his Visa status) I bet he is so excited to be done. Once he gets to Mexico he will learn much more about their culture and their language than he could ever learn in the MTC.


Address and E-Mail:

Elder Ryan James Clayton 
MTC Mailbox # 302
MEX-LEON 1105
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

ryan.clayton@myldsmail.net


God Be With You Till We Meet Again... 

No comments:

Post a Comment