Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week 4-Month 1

Elder Clayton has now been out for one month! Crazy how time flies when you're having fun. His letter this week was rather short and there were no pictures included. I asked a variety of questions so hopefully his next email will be intriguing and interesting to read. Not that they aren't interesting now they are just starting to lack luster in a small sense, no worries though people he's doing great and at the beginning of November he will be off to somewhere else. Where he will go nobody knows, but we are all hoping it's to Mexico. 

The following message contains contents from his email read at your own discretion. Caution some parts may bring confusion and laughter that you just can't control. Proceed at your own risk. Haha Jk just trying to keep things interesting. Here you have it peeps, words from the mouth of Elder Clayton....


"My MTC experience is now officially half over! YAY haha There's not much to report everything is the same thing day after day.  Had Fast Sunday, and I have to say that it gives me a whole new prospective on fasting!  It was so amazing to really do a faithful fast."

"I was sick last Friday, so i skipped one of my classes and I slept (didn't get any sleep the night before).  Had my district give me a blessing Friday night.  It was my companion's first time ever giving a blessing.  There is something really bad spreading here, every week there are elders sick to the stomachs."

"Not much else to tell, my Spanish is coming along really well, yesterday we starting to only speak Spanish, we are now not allowed to speak English for the next two years. It's really hard but I am always surprised how much I can say in Spanish."

"Thanks for the songs last week, totally made my week.  We have been singing them ever since. haha We haven't yet attempt the Spanish ones yet, but we are going to try them soon.  I could use another song, 'Be Are Guest' from Beauty and the Beast. :)"

"Haha so we have two teachers, our morning teacher (Brother Angel) and our afternoon teacher (Sister Olsen).  Well Brother Angel has been home from his mission for about a year now and he has a special lady friend who he has been dating for about a month.  Well during the past few classes we have been helping him come up with ideas to propose to her, he promised to propose to her before we leave. haha"

Con Amor,
Elder Clayton


There you have it folks the great insight from the mouth of a missionary. They are people just like you and me, why people treat them differently I will never know. Enjoy your week keep Elder Clayton in your prayers.  They don't go unnoticed and they truly help, he appreciates and understands people are thinking of him. Until next time.... God be with you 'til we meet again.



Address and E-Mail:

Elder Ryan James Clayton 
MTC Mailbox # 302
MEX-LEON 1105
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

ryan.clayton@myldsmail.net


No comments:

Post a Comment