Friday, November 2, 2012

Week 8: Last Week In The MTC!!

It's Elder Clayton's last week in the MTC!!! Come Monday he will be on his way to Mexico to embark on the rest of his mission experience in the sunny warm taco eating country. We are all so excited!! I think the best part is he gets to call on Monday while he is at the airport, I can't wait to talk to him!!

Time for the best part! Enjoy his letter...

"So today we went to the temple at 7 because we wanted to go with Harmana Olsen (one of our teachers).  It was amazing like always, sad though it will be my last time for two years.  Not much else has happened in the last week.  Just getting packed up to leave on Monday."

"A few things, One: As far as I have been hearing we only get a half hour to call home on Monday, I'm going to check with my branch president tonight to find out.  I want everyone to know that I love you all and I will try to call you all but Mom is #1 on my list to call.  Second: Thank you for the bags you sent it's made so much more room in my bags.  Third: Here is the mission home address:

Elder Ryan James Clayton
Mexico Leon Mission
Calle Torre Vieja #128
Col. Arbide
37360 Leon, Guanajuato
Mexico"

"Send any letter or packages you want to that address until I get my residency address.  As far as I heard letters get down there just fine, few things though: don't put any kind of money in letters (they'll cut the corners and sniff and they'll know if there is money in it), people say it takes about a week in a half for a letter to get there and that a regular US postal stamp will work (check with the postal office for more info).  For packages it's a bit different, they are ify if they will get to me.  If you want to send a package you will need to put this phone number bellow the above address, 52 477-715-2595 (this is also the mission home phone number)."

"We are allowed to check our email this last Sunday so if you feel the need to write me go ahead."


"So I have been doing a lot of family history (it's a class we have), and I just have to say, having Clayton on my name bag if a huge honor!"

There you have it folks his last email from the MTC that will be posted on here. I will probably post again on Monday after he calls depending on what he says. I'm quite excited to talk to him even though my mom is number one on his list as she should be.. I thank you guys for following Elder Clayton on this blog the support is incredible and much appreciated. Prayers go a long way and I know that the prayers being sent his way will keep him safe and he will find much success in Mexico. He will create friendships and relationships to last through the eternities. I'm excited to hear about the lives he will touch and change for the better. Have a great week y'all thanks again! 

 Address and E-Mail:

Elder Ryan James Clayton 
Mexico Leon Mission
Calle Torre Vieja #128
Col. Arbide
37360 Leon, Guanajuato
Mexico


ryan.clayton@myldsmail.net


God Be With You Till We Meet Again... 

No comments:

Post a Comment